Originally Posted By: domwoods74
I'm sure I read somewhere bellomo was placed in protective custody while incarcerated for a short time due to his plea deal , the Feds got info jimmy Ida wasn't happy , apparently Barney was scared stiff of Ida

That entire episode between Barney and Little Jimmy was blown waaaaaaay out of propoportion by the Feds to try to create dissension between the two of them. They wouldn't even allow the two of them in the same conference room for motions. It was a futile tactic that Jimmy, Barney and the lawyers saw right through, and it didn't work. All it did was make for melodramatic Capeci articles. What you also fail to mention (or realize) is that the two of them always got along fine prior to that. As a matter of fact, it was Barney and Sammy Black (who was like a father to Barney), who pushed for Jimmy to run the downtown crew when Matty went away back in the '80s.

Was Jimmy happy about Mickey and Barney taking pleas? No, he wasn't. But he quickly got over it. And for the record, Barney didn't need to fear anyone at that point. The idea that he was "scared stiff" of anyone, let alone a friend and ally like Jimmy, is ridiculous. Because by 1996---when Barney made the plea---he pretty much had final say on such matters. Vince loved him, and that's how Vince wanted it wink.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.