Catalano was released in 09' and is rumored to be semi retired. Since his release he has been low key but has remained in contact with Montreal due to the fact that some of those in the Rizzuto family he grew up with over in Sicily. and has many friends up there. Montreal never viewed Catalano as being with Massino. He was in prison for nearly a quarter of a century, and was never an administration member to the Bonanno crime family during those years. It has been rumored that he told Vincent Asaro and Joe Indelicato both capo's in the Bonanno crime family, that he did not give a fuck who the Bonanno's boss will be as long as the boss didn't fuck with him.

Cesare Bonventre was the fastest rising star in the Bonanno crime family at the time of his death. At that time the Sicilian faction did not trust nor liked Massino and bulked at him when demanded money and visits to him when he was on the run. Rastelli was getting old and talk was he was planning to step down when he got out of prison. I highly doubt he had anything other then giving the O.K. to have Bonventre killed on the Bonventre matter.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green