So much of the outfit's so called power is the Chicago and Illinois political machine itself. It's been absorbed into the fabric of every town council and chamber of commerce surrounding the city. Are the guys wearing sharkskin suits and hanging out in a club with painted windows anymore...not so much.

As the neighborhoods have changed and diluted so have the Italian street gangs of the Patch, Taylor St. and Bridgeport. Roseland's Italian's broke in two and moved to South Holland and Chicago Heights and now even those places and people have been diluted as the Americanization continues. Don "The Wizard of Odds" Angelini's kid is a middle-aged lawyer for example and Angelini himself was college educated.

But nevertheless they are there, still to this day. Diminished in some areas maybe, involved in bigger and better hidden things DEFINITELY. The guys I banged around with in the Heights and Cal City could only tell me how the neighborhood USED TO BE, and even their stories were hand me downs by the time I heard them. The contract rigging continues, the guys that have switches to turn the odometers off in their city and municipal vehicles continue, the droves of Joey Baggadonuts cops and streets and san workers continue. The no shows, the college kids who get great jobs over the Summer...

Eventually even the Italians woke up declared some taxes and stopped stuffing their jack in the mattress and did things to enter the legitimate world and kept stealing. Ah America!

"There are no friends in crime." ~ Muccanera

"Look everyone right in the eye and walk in like you own the joint." ~ Me

È negli occhi