Quote:
The fact that Kerry can look past his religion and make decisions based on what is better for our country
My question is this: when has the President made a decision wholly based upon his religion? When has Bush, in his 3+ years in office, based a decision in American politics soley on his Christian faith?

He hasn't.

He uses his faith to help him make judgements, but he certainly hasn't led the "catholic" president that people are now making him out to be, or that they poked fun at Kennedy before he was elected.

GWB uses his faith as a guide. Like he said in the debate, his faith is a part of him.

I don't see how someone with strong faith, regardless of your feelings on religion, is a negative. He has conviction and beliefs; where is the crime in that?

If people we're really concerned he was going to be some religious zealot, he wouldn't be on the ballot. I mean, how many muslims will we see on the ballot, ever in our lifetimes? Lieberman is the closest, and as long as were at it, I'm surprised nobody brought up the fact that he is a Jew.

Anyways, my point is this. I don't think that President Bush, because he believes in God, uses his religion to wholly dictate his Presidential decisions. Does he use it to find strength? Sure. Does he go to the Bible, and find wisdom it it's words? Most likely.

But clearly, with the war on terror, he usage of the embryonic stem cells (the leftovers from the Clinton admin, which Bush had no control over), etc. exemplifies how despite Bush's faith, he is not bound with regards to representing an equal America for all people.

---

That being said, I don't understand why it seems as though the very small minority thinks it should be allowed to push a majority around.

I'm referring to the attempts by an atheist to have "under God" removed from the Pledge of Allegience.

Now, back a few years ago in high school (and even middle school), they made it perfectly clear that while you didn't have to say the pledge, you at least had to be respectful and keep silent.

Nothing wrong with that.

But why, upon a country that is built upon the foundations that there are "certain unalienable rights, bestowed by a divine creator" must the words "under God" be stricken? Does it specifically pertain to one "god?" No. It doesn't say it's Jehovah, or Christ, or Allah. It is not a symbol of religion inasmuch as that it is a symbol that people felt a connection to some form of higher power the governed the world as we know it.