Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
I see nothing wrong with people being anti-abortion, except in certain circumstances, like rape, incest, or if giving birth places the mother's life in danger.

What I do find interesting, though, is all of the folks here who are anti-abortion and say that abortion goes against the teachings of the Catholic Church.

I wonder how many of the good Catholic young men here practice what their church preaches?
I am not religious at all. Of course, I have a religioin -- I'm Catholic -- but I, just like anyone else with any sense, question the Bible from time to time. (EX: gay marriage, I'm for it.) I believe in God, I try my best to behave as if he were watching me, but I don't go to church every week and most certainly don't base my opinions on the Bible/Catholic religion.

I'm against abortion because of morals and ethics -- I think it's wrong to end a life. But I, in no way, contrived my views on the religious teachings of the Bible or Jesus Christ.

And I took a personal oath of celibacy a while ago, not because of religion, again, but because of my own personal morals.

Just thought I'd respond to your curiosity and let you know there are people out there who are against abortion for non-religious reasons.

the power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it. george bernard shaw