I too admire Kerry's statement regarding religion and also remember as a kid, during the JFK era, other kids telling me that the Pope was gonna move in the White House if JFK won. :rolleyes:

No man (or woman) should have to come out and defend why his religion or faith, is what it is. It's a personal belief or non-belief and everyone has a right to that. Just as no one should try to push their religious or nonreligious beliefs on someone else. I think Kerry explained it beautifully.

DJ, I was born/raised catholic, and although I admit, that I skip a Sunday mass from time to time, and am prolife, although, that and stem cell are very conflicting for me, as I am not without the understanding reasons why one might support them. How can anyone judge whether John Kerry is a "good" Catholics or not???? I don't want to get into a religious debate, but only want to point out that to "judge" Kerry because he won't let his religious beliefs interfere with the abortion issue is unfair to him and just another reason to thrash him IMHO.

But like PLaw, I too am concerned about Bush using his newfound faith and have heard the "rumor" that "God" sent him on this mission. Perhaps he should come out and explain that to the American people?? :rolleyes:

I don't get the Jesse Jackson remark either.

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon