Quote:
Originally posted by Double-J:
[quote]Originally posted by plawrence:
[b] I must be missing the point on the above regarding jesse Jackson. What is it?

If either of the candidates are appealing to voters based on religion, it's Bush in a landslide.
My point is more that, since the debate has come up, and questions of Bush's faith, as well as concerns over the "religious" vote, Kerry has been tight with Mr. Jackson. This sways not only some religious votes, but clearly the African-American vote in some ways. [/b][/quote]So any candidate that aligns himself with any specific person or group is pandering to the supporters or members of that particular group then, right?

That's nothing new, BTW. When both candidates take a strong pro-Israeli stance, they're appealing to the Jewish voters. Bush's comment in the first debate about how a free Iraq would support Israel was patently ridiculous. I don't care what type of government you have in Iraq, they're still gonna be Arabs, and they're still gonna hate the Israelis. Clearly, he was pandering to the jewish voters with that remark.

I think it would be ridiculous to deny that Bush is absolutely seeking the support of the religious right. That's one of the things about him that scares me.

"Difficult....not impossible"