@anti mafia:

Very good post. Informative. My thanks.

Though in clarification of your final words, no Vito is not untouchable. But that's not the question which should be asked. The question should be 'who is most untouchable?' And that, well the answer there is almost rhetorical.

Vito is the power, and independent of NY. And though the politics is a combination of the 8 odd Calabrian Ndrangheta clans in Toronto, Italy and Vito's independent family in Montreal, several points are now clear.
Vito is the boss and his conduit to Italy to move cocaine is in his power with the acquiescence and servitude of the Toronto Calabrian clans.

The blood letting is directly or indirectly a settling of scores and reaffirmation of Vito's consolidation of power.

The best hope at a light on the situation is Reynald rolls over. And if he's smart he will as jail nor free air is beyond Vito's reach of retribution.

And regarding whether Vito is the most powerful boss in NA? I think there's little doubt. Vito's international connections, Italian, South American etc, his consolidation of absolute power in Montreal with the acceptance of the Calabrian factions in Montreal, the literal 100's of millions he directly controls with the drug pipe line and a monopoly of construction in Quebec? I don't even see it as a question.

Last edited by SonnyBlackstein; 12/22/13 04:34 AM.

MORGAN: Why didn't you fight him at the park if you wanted to? I'm not goin' now, I'm eatin' my snack.
CHUCKIE: Morgan, Let's go.
MORGAN: I'm serious Chuckie, I ain't goin'.
WILL: So don't go.