Perhaps I should have explained it better. Battaglia was transfered back to the LA Family after the Bananas war. So from being with the LA Family, he switched to the Bonannos in the 1950s, before being transfered to the LA Family. There were some others in the Bonanno Arizona crew who also transfered to the LA Family. I think Tony Sciuto was one of them. The Bonanno members who had operated in San Francisco, were allowed to transfer to the San Francisco Family. And the same with the San Jose guys. There are no indications of Bill Bonanno transfering to another Family. I have never come across anything that suggest Bill being a member of the San Jose Family. He was no longer part of Cosa Nostra, once the dust settled in NY.

Bonanno did not run a crime Family or a crime crew of any kind after retiring to Arizona. That was part of the peace agreement. And there were lifes back in NY (Vito DeFilippo, his son Patty, Tony Cristi, Angelo Caruso...) depending on Bonanno keeping his word. The Commission would never allowed Bonanno back in. Stern, if you take a look at the chart, it says that Bonanno retired in 1989 (!) rolleyes What a vivid imagination the chart maker (whoever he is) must have! In the 1970s, Bonanno gave several newspaper interviews, was on 60 minutes TV show and wrote a book about his life. Do you really think that he would have done all this while he was a crime boss?

[Linked Image]