Originally Posted By: moneyman
I'd be interested to know, from people in the know about Montreal, is this all connected to Rizzuto killing people for betraying him?

With so many OC connected murders lately up there it makes me wonder , maybe this "whole getting back at Desjardins" theory is wrong and something else is going on… I mean why all the risk just to prove a point? I guess he did kill his father and son and Rizzuto just does not give a F.

Because of the laws (particularly a lack of RICO in Canada), the 'risk' you ask about is a whole lot less than in the U.S.
I think that this is definitely Vito adopting a scorched earth policy to anyone who tried to hurt his family and organization. He is getting guys everywhere, Gallo in Mexico, Calauti in Ontario (rumored to be the gunman that killed his father), Joe Bravo in Italy, Ponytail in prison(unless he took the cyanide on purpose, which is possible, and you can technically blame that on Vito as well). This, at the very least, sends a very powerful message not to f$$$ with his organization while he is living and will cause people to think twice before trying something like that again.

Last edited by mike68; 12/19/13 03:04 PM.