I have two Peter O'Toole stories...

1. I had the dubious distinction to see him perform onstage in London in a performance of Pygmallion. O'Tool was shitfaced three sheets to the wind, and am sorry to say was awful. Flubbing lines, ad libbing, mugging to the audience and visibly pissing off the cast. The play went on foour and a half hours because of him. After that I only watched him on film, most memorably after that episode in King Ralph.

2. There is a story about his playing opposite Burton in Beckett. Because both of them were legendary drinkers, the director sat them down and told them they were actors, and because they did not know one another they were not friends, and thus should not drink together. They agreed, but the following morning Burton showed up with a couple of bottles of Cognac, went to O'Toole and said "Yesterday we were just two actors, but today we are friends," and they promptly downed the spirits.

"Io sono stanco, sono imbigliato, and I wan't everyone here to know, there ain't gonna be no trouble from me..Don Corleone..Cicc' a port!"

"I stood in the courtroom like a fool."

"I am Constanza: Lord of the idiots."