Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
So not alot of women get swept up in those "mafia association" laws they have over there? Not that i follow things too closely over there but that seems like a pretty vague law, that if they really wanted to squeeze a mobster they could charge his wife with.

Not really. The govt really doesn't have anything to indict them with. Nothing concrete anyway. Not that it matters in Italy. The way their constitution is set up, it's guilty until proven innocent. But just being married or a family member and having contact even with a fugitive doesn't mean you'll be arrested.
The girl I mentioned several posts up, was the sister of a cousin of mine and she had her baby and far as I know, she hasn't been indicted. They just seized her bank accounts, driver's license, passport (so she couldn't flee), etc. They knew she had something to do with running envelopes, etc, in her brother's absence but I guess nothing they thought could be proven.

And it's not like here. They couldn't get anywhere threatening to charge a wife. A woman there would never allow it. She'd go to jail or lay down and take a bullet for her husband or son.

La madre degli idioti e' sempre incinta.