Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Fundamentalist Christian right-wingers have always been anti-Catholic. We're closer to Jews than Christians in their eyes anyway, and that suits me just fine because Christianity was borne of Judaism. Yet many of them (your KKK types) refuse to accept this indisputable fact rolleyes.

So this isn't really news. But now that there's a Pope who's at least willing to accept and love gays, they're going apeshit. And that fat pig Limbaugh is a Methodist, so how would he know what makes a "real" Catholic?

I guess it depends on what you mean by "accept and love." If accepting means condoning their lifestyle, I don't think the Pope means that. At least I hope not. But it seems liberals have taken a liking to him because his comments have been interpreted by some to suggest that homosexuality isn't that big of a deal. And that's music to the ears of secular liberals. If they can't get religions to do a 180 and view homosexuality as OK, the next best thing in their book is to get religions focused on other things. It isn't about a "culture war," but about doctrine.

“Vice is a monster of so frightful mien
As to be hated needs but to be seen;
Yet seen too oft, familiar with her face,
We first endure, then pity, then embrace.”

- Alexander Pope

Last edited by IvyLeague; 12/15/13 05:01 PM.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.