Originally Posted By: stern49
Rockford is opening the books? A family can't really servive with only five made guys, but it's possible. The Madison family was the smallest and only had a few guys. I think the reason the families that were close to Chicago were allowed to function being very small as they were is the simple fact they were close to Chicago and the Outfit backed these small families near their territory.

The west side of Rockford has become a gold mine for the family for two reasons.
First, hordes of drug dealers, policy runners and Shylock to get in line, and secondly the renovation and construction that is going on. Millions in "performance bonds" changed hands.
There are literally hundreds of associates from Chicago and the northern burbs who never got made into the outfit, and Chicago has given the green light for some of them to be made into Rockford.
Rockford has the distinction of perhaps being the only LCN family whose activity revolves around a church. The fish fry at St. Ambrosio's is a who's who of both the made Rockford crew and the north side Chicago outfit guys.

Been there and done it
I am very much for real, so if you ask, make sure you really want to know.