Originally Posted By: klydon1
Thatcher is no Mandela. More than ninety heads of state are expected to attend, as well as many other international diplomats and officials. By the way, Bush is alaso attending. Maybe he can bring along Cheney so Dick can explain to everyone how he voted against placing economic sanctions on the apartheid regime because he believed Mandela was a terrorist.

Wrong Reagan didn't put sanctions on South Africa because he was anti communist and the apartheid regime was pro-capitalism. I despise people who consider Reagan racist because of the controversy with South Africa at the time.

In any case Margaret Thatcher is a love/hate kind of political leader. It's either one or the other. So it's not a surprise to me Obama didn't attend her funeral, especially when his political ideology is so different from hers. Mandela is universally loved, but he did have a shady past there's no denying that. He made mistakes as a young man but was a good leader during his time as President. However his rainbow nation as of right now is in trouble. South Africa has regressed since the nineties and I despise the current President Jacob Zuma

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone