Originally Posted By: HandsomeStevie
I mean he let Gambino Brothers sell heroin 5 miles from where he was based at and also obviously everyone had there hooks into Atlantic city. He might have been greedy but hes the boss he makes the rules.

Honestly...i don't think Bruno had a choice. Those guys were coming here with or without his blessing. If he objected good chance he would of been killed a few years sooner then he was.

When Carlo Gambino and Paul Castellano ask you to let Carlo's family do business in your territory it's really not a request. They were Bruno's protectors....no way he could of said no. Those guys were operating in South Jersey since the early 1970's. First they were in Delran NJ and then they moved to Cherry Hill in 76 i think it was. I'm pretty sure Carlo was still alive and calling the shots when those guys first set up shop in NJ. At one of the NJ state hearings on AC a NYC OC Squad cop testified they spotted the brothers entering and leaving Carlo's house in Brooklyn several times. This was around the time they first moved from Brooklyn to south jersey in the early 1970's. They had Carlo's blessing...IMO no way Bruno could of said no.

Last edited by Giancarlo; 12/07/13 04:29 PM.