Dwalin2011, Most books about Los Angeles are written about Mickey Cohen, Benny Siegel, Chicago's operations there as well as Joe Bonanno's attempt to take over Los Angeles rackets allegedly. The two books I recommend you read are The Last Mafioso by Ovid Demaris about Jimmy Fratianno, and Breakshot: A life in the 21st Century American Mafia by Kenny Gallo and Matthew Randazzo. Not much is written about San Francisco, but Animal: The Bloody Rise and Fall of the Mob's Most Feared Assassin by Casey Sherman, which details the life of Joe Barboza, has some history of the Lanza crime family in it. If there is going to be a book on the Lanza crime family, I hope Lee Housekeeper does it. I believe he was the one that found that San Francisco soldier, Salvatore Taranto was an informant before he passed away in 71, who's information led to the Feds knowing Lanza was well liked by nearly all the bosses in the States, Sicily and had many deals going on with Bonanno, Catena, Gambino, Lucchese, Marcello, Patriarca, Civello, Cerrito and Palermo.

On Philadelphia, was Casella acting alone in Testa's hit or was the Genovese family playing Casella like they did with Caponigro?

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green