Frank....from what i've read and heard Scarfo and Sal (Rosario) Gambino did not get along very well. According to Leonetti's testimony Gambino gave Scarfo many headaches. At first Scarfo complained to NY about Rosario and his crew. Scarfo had a sitdown with Castellano i think it was and then a few years later another one with John Gotti over the zip crew in south jersey. The problems didn't end until Rosario got locked up and sentenced to 45 years.

Emanuel Gambino pulled a gun on Phil Narducci at a club in Cherry Hill. Scarfo wanted him killed. Nothing happened. NY kept telling Scarfo they'd tell Rosario to tone it down but it never happened. Like i said the problems didn't end until Rosario got locked up.

The way i understand it is that Scarfo didn't realize that Rosario Gambino did not answer to NY...he answered to the leaders of his families clan back in sicily. Rosario was not a made guy in NY he was a made mafioso in Palermo. John Gambino was the only brother that was made in the Gambino LCN Family in NY at that time. John Gambino answered to Paul Castellano but Rosario didn't....i'm pretty sure he answered to the boss of the Gambino-Inzerillo-Spatola-Di Maggio mafia clan back in sicily. According to Leonetti it was at that last sitdown with John Gotti that Scarfo was told Rosario was not made in NY but was a sicilian mafioso.

Last edited by Giancarlo; 12/02/13 02:55 PM.