Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: strococs
Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
Originally Posted By: cheech
seen it first hand...a buddy of mine was on a half sheet...only went with them because he thought they would help collect..when a kid who owned a package store locally stiffed my friend for 5k my friend got threatened with coming up with it or else.......

That's the problem with the half-sheet. You can make a good buck, but you're responsible for the laydowns.

I agree since you are not putting up any cash. but as long you have other players , even if one guy stiffs you can come back. lets say he was in the black (meaning his players were losing) at half sheet. If he could get 2500 to give to the office then that would be chalked up as square.

Well, sure. But your problem is when you have a week where all the favorites cover and all of your suckers win, except for one moron who loses enough to balance your sheet. Problem is, you may be waiting for this one guy to pay you, so you can pay your winners. And if you don't have the money to cover the laydown, you shouldn't hold your breath on the office laying it out for you.

It doesn't happen often, but it happens. That's why, even if you're on a half-sheet, it's best for you to have some cash of your own in the drawer. Just in case wink.

Yeah , but if you have been with the office for awhile why would they not pay the winners if you couldn't cover it? especially if you were making money for them? That is some amateur bullshit right there. They wouldnt want to lose good customers because one guy didnt pay. Also , not every player is gonna to pay on time even if they always pay. You are going to run into some bumps in the road. A REAL office would know this. They would cover it.