GangsterBB.NET

Funko Pop! Movies:
The Godfather 50th Anniversary Collectors Set -
3 Figure Set: Michael, Vito, Sonny

Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Toodoped, joepuzzles234, MrGribbs), 650 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Shout Box
Site Links
>Help Page
>More Smilies
>GBB on Facebook
>Job Saver

>Godfather Website
>Scarface Website
>Mario Puzo Website
NEW!
Active Member Birthdays
No birthdays today
Newest Members
TheGhost, Pumpkin, RussianCriminalWorld, JohnnyTheBat, Havana
10349 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
Irishman12 67,959
DE NIRO 44,945
J Geoff 31,286
Hollander 24,666
pizzaboy 23,296
SC 22,902
Turnbull 19,544
Mignon 19,066
Don Cardi 18,238
Sicilian Babe 17,300
plawrence 15,058
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics42,488
Posts1,061,797
Members10,349
Most Online1,100
Jun 10th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Ken Bigley Be-headed #75046
10/13/04 10:15 AM
10/13/04 10:15 AM
North London
Bella Mafia UK Offline
Capo
Bella Mafia UK  Offline
Capo
North London
I read this story in the paper today, about how a tribute in a mosque to Ken Bigley has been smashed up... Story Here

...there's people who would pay a lot of money for that information. But then your daughter would lose a father..instead of gaining a husband.
Re: Ken Bigley Be-headed #75047
10/13/04 01:35 PM
10/13/04 01:35 PM
The north
Scarface.1 Offline
Underboss
Scarface.1  Offline
Underboss
The north
Yet Another Tragedy, He was going to retire at the end of september and what really upset me was his brothers crying on the news.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bella Mafia UK:
I read this story in the paper today, about how a tribute in a mosque to Ken Bigley has been smashed up... Story Here
I think that is disgusting, birmingham is a place that is very multi racial and for this to happen is going to cause alot of aggro, just shows some of the yobs thier is in england.

Who's keyzer soze?

How are thou, thou globby bottle of cheap stinking chip-oil. Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles you eunich jelly thou.
Re: Ken Bigley Be-headed #75048
10/13/04 02:43 PM
10/13/04 02:43 PM
Canada
Blake Offline OP
Underboss
Blake  Offline OP
Underboss
Canada
That's terrible. I don't even want to imagine how his family feels.

You talkin' to me?
Re: Ken Bigley Be-headed #75049
10/13/04 05:33 PM
10/13/04 05:33 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Quote:
Originally posted by afsaneh77:
I find it even more arrogant that when Iraqi civilians get killed in an air raid, and don't get me started on that, you say well they were gotten killed in the process that we were trying to give them freedom. Is that freedom in the vocabulary of those who support war? I even find it more terrible to see Iraqi people had to be there. It's going to be two years that they have to live in that chaos. It was their home.
No, that is not freedom in the vocabulary of those who supprot the war. Yes, it is a fact that in any war there are bound to be civilian casualties, and that is very heartbreaking and sad. But let's not forget that before this war in Iraq, the leader of that country and his two animal son's were torturing innocent people, maiming them, building mass grave by all that they killed, and had them living in fear. There is absolutely no way that you can tell me that the Iraqi citizens were better off when when Saddam and his son's were in power! I recieve letters from 3 different soldiers on a monthly basis, who are son's of friends of mine. They are over there risking there lives every moment of the day to protect, free and educate the Iraqi innocents. When you read these letters you get a better sense of what is actually taking place over there. Yes, it is a mess, and that is the only part that the media portrays to the people, and that is definately how your arab media over there is painting the U.S. soldiers, to be invaders and murderers. But in the letters from these soldiers they convey thier disgust at how what is going on is portrayed. They are outraged on how the arab media lies to thier own people. They write how they are seeing a big change in Iraq, for the better. How Iraqi children are going to school for the first time, how Iraqi families surround them and thank them for helping and freeing them. They tell about how many Iraqi families tell them that for the first time in thier lives they have fresh running water in thier homes, and electricity 24 hours a day! How they are reciving medical attention when needed. They tell our soldiers how they never ever knew that many of these things existed, things that we take for granted, and thank them for providing these things to them! They tell how Iraqi people ask them to take them back to America! Why is it that these positives are not shown to the rest of the world, especially in the arab media? Are those in power in the Arab world afraid that thier people, many who are still surpressed, will realize that democracy and freedom are a great thing? I am not talking about religion here, as that has nothing to do with it. What I am trying to convey to someone from your part of the world is that what you are being told by those in power, through your media, is not the way that it is. Our soldiers are there to help put a democratic system in place, help rebuild a country that has been surpressed for many years, and help protect the people from the insurgents and terrorists who do NOT want the Iraqi people to be free. Let me leave you with this : If America is so terrible, then why do we have an immigrant problem here? Why are so many people from all over the world banging on our doors to come into my country? Why did you, yourself, come to my country to make a living? I don't mean that in an arrogent way, as it is not my intention to be hostile towards you, but I sincerely would like to understand why people such as yourself, come to my country to make a living and a life for themselves, and then trash my country! If it is so good over there, why have so many arab people come to America in record numbers over the years?

Again, I am not trying to embarass or talk down to you, but I just want to understand and hope that you can answer my questions!

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Ken Bigley Be-headed #75050
10/13/04 06:32 PM
10/13/04 06:32 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
I went to your country because without a doubt it is a great country, I've enjoyed so many things that America has offered the world. I don't think in my last posts or any other of my posts I ever tried to trash America. The only problem is I'm against this war. I can still love America, and say God bless America and half of my heart actually belongs to America but I have a different opinion about American foreign policy in the Middle East.

Iranians are not Arab. They are Persian and this is very important to me because my country has suffered Arabs attacking her over the history. That sound very arrogant of me but it is a touchy subject for me.

I don't only see our news, I check all other news stations like BBC and CNN. The fact is the condition in Iraq is very bad. And other thing, in Iraq people were going even to university so I don't get it when you say kids go to school for first time now. That is true about Afghanistan though which I'm not talking about. Iraq, Syria and Iran have real good universities. Even women here can go to school and study whatever major they want. I'm a woman myself and I majored in EE.

By the way, I've left your country after I was laid off and it was right before the rumors of war with Iraq started. I felt if this was Iran that the US was going to attack would I feel okay to stay over there and pay taxes to finance bombs that might hit our house and get my family killed? And I felt so much confused that I decided I'm better off if I go back. I don't know if I made the right decision but that was what I felt I should do. I'm against war because I was raised under such condition when we had a war with Iraq. I know what it is like when your town is under air raids. I'm sorry but I can't approve of this war, not that I approve of Saddam, but I think freedom is what people of a country have to gain themselves over the time.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Re: Ken Bigley Be-headed #75051
10/13/04 07:09 PM
10/13/04 07:09 PM
The Ravenite Social Club
Don Cardi Offline
Caporegime
Don Cardi  Offline
Caporegime

The Ravenite Social Club
Afsenah,

Your point is well taken and I totally respect your feelings. I can understand why you feel the way that you do. I never said that you trashed my country, and I apologize if that is how it sounded, but it was not what I said or was I trying to say. I appreciate that you have responded in a humane way and that you've explained why you feel the way that you do in such an admirable manner. Thanks for giving me some insight and sharing your veiws. I hope that you may want to get a better understanding of why I feel so strongly the way that I do by reading an old post of mine regarding the day of September 11th 2001. You can do a search for it right on this board.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.

Re: Ken Bigley Be-headed #75052
10/13/04 07:57 PM
10/13/04 07:57 PM
Yunkai
afsaneh77 Offline
Mother of Dragons
afsaneh77  Offline
Mother of Dragons

Yunkai
Don Cardi,

You are more than welcome and I apologize too if I in anyway sounded harsh about this matter.

Of course I was in the US that September day and I can't forget how I felt myself. It brings tears to my eyes every time I see the horrible videos of that day. I'd be glad to check your post about that day hopefully tomorrow morning since it is very late in the night here right now. But so that you know, I hope those who cowardly attacked innocent civilians on 9/11 get caught and rot in hell.

God bless!

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Don Cardi, J Geoff, SC, Turnbull