If the shooters were not Mexican, there had to be some local Mexican assistance provided to the shooters. If the shooters were Canadians, they would not have been able to hop on a plane with their guns, and fly into Acapulco. Nor could they walk into a gun store or Walmart and buy guns. Guns purchases in Mexico, at least legitimate, is harder than the US. As we all know, there are plenty of guns available through the black market.

I would think the shooters were not Mexican, and were most likely LCN / LCN associates. Why would someone outsource this killing, especially in another country? The shooters need to know their area, the habits if their target, a couple of different get a way choices and a safe house. All of that takes time, patience, cunning and money. It also requires local expertise.

The Rizzutto's, Caruna Cun trera's and others in Montreal LCN are well known drug dealers. I suspect they had no problem through their connections getting guns and other assistance for their own shooters. They are only a few hundred miles from Culiacon, home to the Sinaloa Cartel, the worlds largest DTO.

I don't expect the Mexican authorities to do much of an investigation, nor do I expect us to know any significant facts about this hit unless someone flips, which does not happen often in MTL.

Best way to catch the smart ones? Get an idiot working for them.