Originally Posted By: funkster
Originally Posted By: Geek899273
I heard that flapjack was Joseph "The Builder" Andriacchi.
One of Solly D's kids died over the summer in a motorcycle accident. I read the obituary online and there is a website set up for a foundation for him. I believe his kids same was Solly jr.
I just heard that Donald Scalise died a few weeks ago. He was part of Marco D'Amico's crew and was convicted when they shook down a greek restaraunt owner in the early 80's and convicted of bookmaking in early 2000.

Was just coming on here to post this.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/chicagotribune/obituary.aspx?pid=167707626

Solly Jr. actually died a few years ago, not this last summer. Solly D was already out of prison at the time. Coincidentally, Solly's ex-wife Donna is one of the first who posted condolences under Sponge's obit.

I have acquaintances that were very saddened by Sponge's death. He was actually yet another made Outfit member who was with the CPD back in the 1970s and 1980s. Sponge was essentially the protege of Tony Dote and worked closely with Elmwood Park crew members like Mags, Rudy Fratto, Patty Mazza, Frankie Adamo and Gary Gagliano. I believe he did a bit around 2002 or so for bookmaking but was out by 2004 or so.