Nobody is being made in Pittsburgh...there's nothing to be made into. Sonny has a lot of contacts and he dealt with "mostly" non-Italians for a reason...so he could control them. Sonny's closest associate was/is Jeff Risha, who he took under his wing from the ground up and taught Risha how the gambling operations work.

Sonny has a network of independent operatives who pay him "minimal" cuts on gambling proceeds, not like it used to be in the old days. He's getting 10% of Fayette County operations and he still runs his own gambling in Allegheny County. Sonny is in his 80's and he spends "every day" at the Meadows betting on the ponies...he is a huge gambler himself and always gravitated to the ponies as well as the dogs when he is in Florida.

I'm not saying that I don't believe you, but Sonny NEVER dealt with motorcycle clubs/gangs. Sonny was old school and felt that he was getting rich enough on his illegal gambling operations which raked in on a normal week about $500k during pro/college football season and $250k during pro/college basketball season. It would SHOCK me if he was involved with the Pagans while he is 83 years old. Which is why he was never indicted nor linked to any other racket except gambling. He was not into unions, extortion, prostitution or drugs. However, he did have a cousin named Gary Golden who was indicted back in 1982 for a major cocaine trafficking charge.

Last edited by JCB1977; 11/13/13 02:56 PM.