While I DO NOT agree with this anti-semitic behavior I can understand where it comes from and how people get this way.

I introduced myself in another thread "New guy from florida..." I'm not sure if I made it clear but I have been a full time musician for over 30 years. At least 10 of those spent playing Chassidic Weddings and Bar (Bat)-Mitzvah's.

For as much time as I've spent around the Chassidic people I've have yet to make one friend. Not even another musician friend who is Chassidic. They regularly employ non Jewish musicians all the time, but you can never get close to them. They are a very tight knit group of people who only hang with their own kind. They never go outside the group (especially non religious pork eating Jews) They would rather hang with me (an Italian) than another Jew who doesn't keep Kosher or observe Shabbat (no work or driving on Saturday)

I lived in Hollywood Hills Fl for years. It was a residential area not zoned commercial. A group of Chassidic Jews bought two houses, one right next to the other on a residential street. They joined the houses together and created an official Chabad (church).

This caused the people in that area much grief. Even though they can't drive on Saturday there were always tons of cars parked up on the lawns etc. The had a Jewish day care running there during the week.

Now all of a sudden you 'd start to see more and more walking to Temple on Saturday, and at Sukkot (one of their holidays) you'd start to see more and more of these little "huts" they put up to celebrate in.

Many of the people in the area came around with petitions trying to get the Church out. I refused to sign, my exact words were "Whens the last time you saw a Chassid selling crack or jacking a car".

The City of Hollywood tried to get them out and naturally they cried "Anti Semitisim".

Anyway....very long story short...The City won the lawsuit, they were all ready to be kicked out for being in a residential area, when idiot commissioner Sal Oliveri (who lived right near there) said something to the order of "The City of Hollywood always upholds Christian principles" well you don't mess with the Chassidic people. They got their lawyers and took that one statement and sued the City of Hollywood AND THEY WON. Not only did they get to keep their church there but the city also had to pay them 2 million in damages.

So while I personally have no problem with them, I can see where some would. Here's a good example.....If a very religious family moves next door to you there is no way their kids are going to play with yours. Depending on the different groups within the Chassidic community some still have arranged marriages. In certain areas of Israel they will flip your car over for driving on Saturday.

That's my 2 cents.

Salvi