Fosco said in one of his threads that Magnafichi was made sometime after D'Amico went away which was in 1995. There was also a making cermony at the Como Inn around 1988-1989.
I highly doubt Marcello will win his appeal. Nick Calabrese actually tried to protect Marcello from the Spilotro murder because he was helping Nick's family while he was in jail. I don't think Nick had any reason to lie. Also Ferriola and Marcello were caught on the phone with a wire tap a day or two before the Spilotro murder arranging a meeting. The feds witnessed the meeting at the McDonalds across from the Oak Brook Mall one day before the Spilotro murders.
The evidence against Marcello was stronger then the evidence against Lombardo. I agree that the evidence against Lombardo was really weak but even if he wasen't at the Seifert murder he must have had a hand on planning it.
I think Caruso's Maxwell Street stand is pretty authentic and not one of those cheap imitations. I've passed it a bunch of times and it smells great, good greasy food.
Michael Talarico used to or maybe still does own a Italian joint a few blocks away. Can't remember the name of the place.
James Marcellos son James Jr. works down at the stock exchange. He worked with a friend of mine during the Family Secrets Trial and the day his mistress testified James Jr. apparently had a melt down at work and had to be sent home. I guess it was the first time his family found out about the mistress.
My dad has worked down at the exchange since the 70's and a lot of outfit guys kids worked down there. Aiuppa had a relative down there, Marcellos and the Borsellino's. Lots of bookmaking goes on down there.