Originally Posted By: LittleMan
Originally Posted By: StLguy
I don't know if he really meant that the mob doesn't kill innocents as much as he means that they don't kill randomly. They also don't kill anybody based on what color t-shirt they're wearing.

As far as gangs killing randomly, the headlight flashing story was an urban legend. And your typical civilian in a neighborhood isn't killed every day based on the choice of his shirt color. We must be talking about a period of a gang war and the shirt color or football jersey helps identify rival gang members. There's been plenty of LCN mob wars, also.

As far as drive by shootings, the Al D'Arco biography refers to one. That doesn't prove that it happens all of the time, nor does it prove that it never happens.

a more fair comparison would be to compare them when the mob was at its most violent i.e. 70s-early 90s. Theres actually quite alot of violent activity that harmed innocent civilians along the way, although i think that most of it was tied to mob business, and people were just in the wrong place at the wrong and then some random acts too. Also i think that since they had influence over police and courts in certain areas i think they probably had violent crimes covered up during those times.