My Grandparents bought a house right next door to us when we moved here. They would sometimes stay 7 close to 8 months out of every year in Florida.

They would always drive and my Grandfather always made a stop at Arthur Ave. He was a little on the cheap side so he bought his own professional deli slicer.

Every year he would bring enough cold cuts and cheese to last him the whole winter and then some. He wound up giving a lot away to his friends. He never stopped talking about how everything was a rip off in Fl.

When I grew up here in Hollywood in the 1970's there were no less than 9 or 10 Italian specialty food stores here. Mimi's Ravioli is still made in the original plant right on Johnson Street in Hollywood, and they ship their ravioli all over the US.

Sadly most of those stores are gone, there are only a few left and with time they will go too. The city of Miramar Fl in the 1970;s was at least 75% Italian. At one time the mayor and the entire city commission were all Italian. Now Miramar is more like 75% Haitian, Jamacian, and West Indian. Can you believe that Miramar used to have a huge San Gennaro every year. Now its called something like "Carribean Festival.

Like my Pop says "Things seldom change for the better"

Salvi