The Diplomat Hotel or "The Dip" as musicians used to call it. The "boys" really did love that place, they hung out in "The Tack Room" which was a really nice bar with a big stage where they hired nightclub acts mostly.

I worked many times in the big room, the "Café Crystal". I can't count how many times I was in there, played Liza, Dolly Parton, Barry Manilow, Sammy Davis and on and on.....

They blew up the original Dip back in the late 1990's and built a beautiful brand new "Diplomat". The only problem is that there isn't a peep of live music in the entire place. When it first opened I played with Sinatra Jr, in there, after that big opening they seem to have done away with all live music.

The reason I put this in the other forum was because I wanted to hear about any wiseguy sightings from people who may have been around here back in the day.

Speaking of Nicky Scarfo.... He used to like to take his boat over to "Turnberry Isle" in Aventura (North Miami). There are tons of FBI pics of them there.

Salvi