Hi Fellas, I've been a lurker here for months.

I was born in NY, but we moved here in 1971 ( I was 7) but more importantly I've been following LCN since I'm like 15 years old (and I'm past 50 now).

The reason for my posting today is because I wanted to hear about anybody's gangster experiences that they may have had in South Florida (Ft. Lauderdale, Miami Beach, Hollywood, Boca Raton, Hallendale etc.) these places where LOADED with gangsters from NY when I was growing up down here.

I dropped out of school at 15 and one of my first jobs was at a place called "Tre Amici" in Hollywood. I saw many old timers in that place including"Jimmy "Blue Eyes" Alo and Ettore "Terry" Zappi. THe Feds actually had the place bugged the whole time it was open. It made the papers and everything.

When I was finally old enough to work in nightclubs I became a professional musician which is what I have been doing for the last 30+ years.

The clubs here in the late 1970's and 80's were full of wiseguys (though there were also just as many "wannabees")

Anybody out there remember places like the "Bonfire" in Miami Beach or the "Club Top Draw"? What about "The Place For Steak"? the "Top of the Home" in Hollywood or "Hemmigways"? "Pier 66" in Ft. Laud. (Joe Pistone actually mentions that place in a wiretap you can hear on youtube).

Even though its not like it used to be here any more, they still show up now and then...... I was working at a little joint in Boca and who should walk in but "Skinny Joey". I went right up to him and said hello. He bought me a drink, seemed like a great guy but you could tell that he's someone you'd never want to mess with.

I have a few good stories I'll post later, but more importantly I'd like to hear from anybody who was around SF in the good old days.

Thanks,
Salvi