Originally Posted By: funkster
I meant involved at all. Thought he was completely legit...which he may be...but not completely if its like that.

Is the Old Neighborhood Italian American Neighborhood Club still an Outfit hangout?

Yeah if you look through the Ken Eto testimony he discusses in detail about Solano Sr. forcing Rush Street tavern owners to sign over leases to his son. And if Vince Solano Sr. was the sociopathic mobster we have all read about, one might think he would be using his son's connections at the IRS to take care of a few things.

The "ONIAC" still has some mob connections I'm sure...I haven't been down there for years, but I'm sure that Dominic "Captain D" DiFazio is still holding court down there. He is an associate who works at Connie's Pizza (testified at Family Secrets in regards to his payoffs to Calabrese) and probably still runs a large book. DiFazio is a major gambler. I know that in the "day," Aldo Piscitelli and his father Shorty LaMantia used the ONIAC all the time.

These day's ONIAC is dominated by the PR guru Dominic DiFrisco who was the mouthpiece for the Caruso family during the Leonard Clark trial and was quoted 100 times in media coverage around Family Secrets complaining about negative Italian stereotypes. Dominic is a legit guy who expects people to ignore his associations apparently. So in other words, I'm not sure I would consider ONIAC an "Outfit hangout" but I would consider it to have deep Outfit connections.