I think alot of the top guys are still living off what the likes of gambino and luchesse built as far as the unions are concerned. but you are also getting guys sentenced off of drug slayings, home invasions and random acts from the the early 80s 90s. The way i see it mob guys are gonna get treated like street gangs in the near the future. Look at the pill(and heroin) epidemic on staten island and the even the stories ive posted up if you care to look at comments sections on many of those stories theres always people complaining about certain cultures on staten island that allow this to happen through the whole culture of silence(basically racist code for italian american and omertà).

Alot of people on here are comparing italy to america but what they dont get is that the USA is the big leagues of crime whether they like it or not. Gomorrhah is never gonna beat goodfellas or the godfather. groups like the LCN, bloods & crip, gangster disciples, hells angels, columbians, mexicans, indians, arabs and every other ethnicity have to contend with the resources of the US government. Its not like in italy, mexico,nigeria or afghanistan where things are openly corrupt.Kaboni savage, a drug kingpin in philadelphia just got the death penalty recently for something that goes on daily on many parts of the world i mentioned above so before you start talking about the sicilians and calabrians just think about the law and order situation before you do.

as far as the comission is concerned i believe it mostly settled disputes amongst union and probably drug territory more than anything else. Otherwise its just a bunch of carreer criminals separated into different groups trying to make it as difficult as possible to get killed by each other. Otherwise why put a limit on how many people get made, other than to keep yourself in power.