Originally Posted By: F_white
Good list but why was the crew split between Neil Dellacroce and Anthony Rizzo.

Hard to say. It may have been a result from negotiations between Dellacroce and Gambino. The Dellacroce faction wanted more of their guys into positions of power.

Another reason may be that the guys who ended up under Rizzo, resented Rava´s powerplay in the first place and were scared of serving under Dellacroce. By letting Rizzo head this group, they were protected by Gambino. This makes sense actually because it was rumored that some members of Rizzo´s crew were the ones who some years later were behind the Dellacroce murder attempt when somebody fired shots into The Ravenite Social Club.

It could also have been a typical Gambino Machiavellian move of divide and conquer. By splitting up the former Rava crew, Gambino took in Rizzo´s crew in his fold, making Dellacroce weaker.

One interesting thing to note is that the members who ended up under Rizzo, were based out of/around Bensonhurst, Brooklyn while the ones under Dellacroce were based out of other parts of Brooklyn (East NY/Brownswille/South Brooklyn) and the Little Italy section of Manhattan. The split may have come simply out of geographical proximity. Perhaps the crew members based in Bensonhurst, Brooklyn were not keen on reporting to a guy who was based in Manhattan?

Originally Posted By: Camarel
Great list Hairy thanks again,i love these type of lists from you like the Colombo war casualties list and the Vic and Gas murders lists, keep itup please smile . As Skinny said i'm also surprised about the amount of crews that started from Neils crew, i remember people talking about the Greenwich Village and 116th street crews being split up but this seems different since the guys under him became capo while he was still alive.

You´re welcome buddy. I think it was all negotiations between Dellacroce and Gambino (and later Castellano) that resulted in Dellacroce having more of his guys in positions of power. That way the power was divided so that the members (particularly the ones in Dellacroce´s faction) would feel more secure.

[Linked Image]