Hey BBers, What can you tell me about Roku? I search on the board and it didn't come up in this thread, but JG had a few comments about movies in other threads. I have been reviewing my expenditures and I got a puke-vibe when I calculated my TV-Internet (Comcast) and cell phones (Verizon)....more than $3,600 a year! Is Roku a legitimate alternative? I don't watch a lot of network shows. Overall, I'm not a big TV viewer. I watch the Golf Channel, National Geographic, History, Animal Planet and some movie channels like Sundance, Ovation, AMC, but only to catch some of my favs like Godfather (every hear of it? lol), Shawshank, Cuckoos Nest, etc., then the grandkids have to watch Sprout.

Comcast has me by the raisins. There is no competition down here South of the Pinelands. $58.95 for internet with modem ($7)
TV is 107.80 for two TVs and only one is HD. Wireless?! that's for another topic.

But basically I don't need all that other crap. Unfortunately I have to get "Digital Preferred Tier" to get the channels I watch. Is there an alternative? Is Roku robust enough?

Whoever exalts himself will be humbled, whoever humbles himself will be exalted - Matthew 23:12