Originally Posted By: dontomasso
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Originally Posted By: carmela
As I happened to catch Ivy's post before it was edited, he didn't say the baboons should be sent back to Africa. He said they should be sent back to the jungle.

I'm not sure that's any better.

Its not any better, F. and your earlier, longer post is spot on correct. Nobody should tolerate that kind of behavior regardless of who engages in it. People like that need to be removed from society. Period. I dont care what race or religion or whatever.

There still has to be room for growth, change and forgiveness. None of us is without sin, especially considering that we participate on a board about organized crime! This is a board about people that lie, cheat, steal, extort, bully and murder. Any of those is far worse than someone making a single racist statement. We have to put things into perspective. I'm interested in the study of OC more for history than anything else, but there are people here and on other forums who actually admire the evil things these people do. To me, admiring evil is worse than a single statement directed only to those who assaulted a young woman and not an entire race. I'm not defending the statement, but we do need to realize it wasn't directed against all black people, only to the bullies. Some things shouldn't be tolerated, but in this case no one was hurt, assaulted, or physically attacked. We ought to allow forgiveness for that.