Originally Posted By: SC
Originally Posted By: carmela
I think it's just proof as to how society as a whole has taken a turn for the worse. Back in the BB "glory days" (which I wasn't a part of), EVERYBODY seemed a bit nicer, on-line and off. Society has taken a nose dive, it's not just this forum. We were just a bit more tolerant of people in general even 10 years ago. What's happening on this forum, is what's happening all around us. People are on edge. Look at somebody cross-eyed and their horns come up and they're ready to fight to the death (I'm just as guilty).
Our country is split and divided like never before. You see the impatience and disgust in people on line at the grocery store, driving, in any social settings. It's just the way we live now, and this forum is proof of it, but it's everywhere.

BINGO!

Message boards were still in their infancy when this board took off and people were more civil online to each other then. We've seen an influx of younger people who have no interest in sharpening their social skills and we've seen a drop of civility in general over the years. This board is not unique in its problems.

This. I'm new here but assholes are everywhere.