Originally Posted By: klydon1
Why should we worry about a strange culture invading and possibly taking over another nation's land, the minority of whom might twist and distort their different religious beliefs to justify the eradication or displacement of the people, who've been living on the land for centuries?

It worked out okay for the American Indians, didn't it?

I'm not worried about Muslims overtaking or having more babies or whatever in Europe. As far as changing the culture, well, culture always changes and it changes slowly. In France you're less likely to see Frenchmen bowing to Allah, and more likely to see second generation Muslim immigrants to France become snooty.

Kly let's not go the Native American route. As horrible as that was, let's get back to the present.

Many Muslims are indeed calling for their way of life in Europe. But that's not what I'm mainly concerned about. If Europe doesn't relax their standards on immigration they're asking for terrorist groups some of which we've already seen.

Islam as a religion is going through it's own "middle ages" so to speak in my opinion. Many people who practice it are peaceful and don't look for trouble, however we cannot pretend that Islam itself is peaceful when the Quran tells followers to fight those who do not believe. And many take that very seriously.

I do not want United States allies like Britain, France, and Germany to lose their culture to the growing segment of the Muslim population. Make no mistake, I'm sure most of them just want to integrate into the populace, but Europe must stop being soft and be wary of the radical groups who behead soldiers and place certain area under their own jurisdiction.

"Don't ever go against the family again. Ever"- Michael Corleone