Originally Posted By: Scorsese
when the aryan brotherhood first started it was so that caucasion inmates could stick together during a time when there was alot of racial problems both in prison and on the streets. I dont think that the people that originally formed it were really into white supremacism they just wanted a fearsome image and also they probably had generally racist attitudes. They do recruit from neo nazi gangs just because those are one of the groups of white people including bikers that will end up in prison with them.

Right what you say makes sense from what I have read about them before. Now I never plan or want to go to prison and like I said I am not racist but this next question is from a purely anthropological/sociological perspective. I am 25% Italian (Calabria region), 25% Finnish and 50% Irish/British by known ancestry. Funnily enough though I have had many people say I could pass easily as a Jew from the way I look. Based on this though say if I ever wound up in prison would I be able to join the A.B. based on my background?