Originally Posted By: Dellacroce
I would say loyalty. Snitches don't really get killed anymore(to many examples to list of snitches living out in the open) and for the most part the whole your family gets taken care off while your away, is pretty much a falacy.

Jimmy Marcello was giving Nick Calabrese's family $4K a month while he was away, thus why Nick protected him at first.

Great point ChiTown.

I can understand being a good soldier if you're looking at 10 years. When you're looking down the barrel of a life sentence with no chance of seeing the outside until you croak... I have to think there are other reasons besides "being a stand-up guy" for not flipping.

I can't think of any Chicago guys who flipped really living out in the open. Like ChiTown says, Calabrese is the only made guy who flipped. And he sure as hell ain't living out in the open.

Sure people like Frank Cullotta who was involved 100 years ago, they are not going to waste their time clipping him. And Calabrese Jr. was never formally involved.

There is probably a certain amount of sophistication at play as well, knowing that these men have already done all their damage and flattening them wouldn't do a damn thing.