Since we are on the subject of recruiting pools, I did some number crunching out of sheer curiosity. This is entirely hypothetical on my part. Basically, I went to city-data.com, took the Italian population of a mob family's operating area, multiplied it by the male population's percentage, and then multiplied the resulting number by percentage of whites living below the poverty line. Not that poor = criminal, but just because it was the most readily available statistic. Here are the numbers I got:

1. Five Families (NYC): 36,195, or 7,239 per family
2. Philadelphia: 9,987
3. Patriarca (Boston and Providence): 5,744
4. The Outfit (Chicago): 4,942
5. DeCavalcante (NJ, I just used the cities which are included in the NYC metro-area: Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, Edison, and Trenton): 3,360
6. Detroit Partnership: 1,165

I wish I could have found some consistent numbers as to the percentage of the white population found guilty of violent crimes, but as I said, I just went with the poverty numbers for convenience.

If you wanted too, you could use these numbers as justification for the next family to go "extinct". I may do some research on cities whose families are already defunct and see if the numbers are significantly lower than those listed above (they most certainly will be).

Just some nerdy food for thought.

"Snakes... Snakes... I don't know no Snakes."