Originally Posted By: olivant
Has anyone heard of or watched the comedy The Middle starring Patricia Heaton and Kris Kattan? It's in its 4th season on ABC. I never heard of it until today.

I'm a fan of that show. I've been watching it when I can for the past two years. The kids are growing up and it's not quite as funny as it used to be, but it is now in syndication with another favorite of mine, Modern Family, which is still top notch. These are pretty much the only network (Non-news or non-sports) shows I watch although I miss some weeks.

A lot of the new shows have been promoted for months, and last night, by chance, I flipped to The Goldbergs, and watched most of it. I thought it was terrible. There's nothing funny about a lecherous old grandfather taking his young grandson into a diner and tell him how to touch women's breasts. The show takes place in the 80s, so I think they're hoping to appeal to the nostalgic, who might be willing to overlook juvenile writing.

And speaking of the 80s, I see Michael J. Fox is making a sitcom comeback with his own show on NBC either tonight or tomorrow. If I'm in front of the tv then, I'll give it a watch.