Originally Posted By: Faithful1
I didn't say he was crazy. I say he's evil. Big difference. The morally unjustifiably taking of all innocent human life is evil. Just because one is in a certain location or below a certain age doesn't make it alright to be murdered.

As for McCain and his warmongering, I agree with you (and for the record, McCain is not very popular with most GOP). We don't need to go to Syria, especially since the side he and Obama want to support are probably Al Qaeda. Moreover, anyone who says they want to blow up Iran is spewing crazy rhetoric. Not all Iranians support Ali Khamenei or the other ayatollahs. There was a time when the USA and Iran were friendly and it is possible that may happen again in the future. But the hateful rhetoric of Khamenei and the various presidents and diplomats toward the USA and Israel don't help. Iran once was friendly to Christians and Jews, with not only greater freedom of religion but freedom of expression too. Early in his presidency Obama had the chance to support those who supported greater Iranian freedom but he dropped the ball.

As for abortion, I don't think I want to get in the debate of good and evil, or moral of the matter. Of course there are circumstances that I consider abortion to be immoral. (Anything other than rape or the life of the mother being in danger) However, I don't think when an egg and sperm meet, anything special per se has happened that you call that life. There's another important ingredient that's the will of the woman to further contribute to the process and keep it till it becomes a human being. Without it, this might've just happened outside the womb and you don't get anything. That will is important to me. It should be there, the choice has to be there.

As for the US and Iran relations, it's long overdue. Supporters of Ali Khamenei are in the minority. There were about 4 million votes for the candidate he wanted to get elected. About 50 million people were eligible to vote, 36 million voted and Rouhani got 18.5 million votes. I suppose those 14 million who didn't vote, don't want this regime at all. So you wouldn't find a nation in the middle east friendlier to the American people than that of Iran. We're hoping that this new president would bring about relationship with the US. As for Obama dropping the ball during the previous elections, I think he did the right thing staying out of it. I don't see a revolution like movement here in Iran. Reforms have to happen over the time to further isolate the hardliners.

"Fire cannot kill a dragon." -Daenerys Targaryen, Game of Thrones