Originally Posted By: LuanKuci
ironically the genovese are the strongest family this side of the ocean and yet their based in the least italian borough.

How do you figure that, LK?

Manhattan is, by far, the least Italian borough today; and the Westside powerbase is firmly in the Bronx and Westchester. Although I guess I get your point. The Italian population here in the Bronx is dwindling, and yet both the Westside and the Luccheses are firmly entrenched here. So if that's the paradox you were referring to, I tend to agree with you.

Originally Posted By: TonyBoy117
Manhattan is the least Italian borough Luan, as I said the Eastern Bronx as well as Woodlawn nd Riverdalle are still largely white and ethnic but its still in flux,

Oops, it looks like Tony the Kid beat me to the punch about Manhattan being the least Italian borough.

Re Woodlawn: Woodlawn is remarkable, Tony. It's the only neighborhood in the Bronx that hasn't changed at all during my lifetime. If anything, it's even more Irish today than it was thirty or forty years ago. The 10470 zip code is still something like 90 percent non-hispanic white. I'm not posting that out of any kind of bigotry, I'm just stating a fact that you can easily look up in the 2010 census.

Everyone here knows that I'm Italian American, so just know that I say this with awe, not as a criticism: The Irish are too thick headed to succumb to White Flight. If you think I'm exaggerating, just take a ride up to Katonah Avenue, near the Yonkers line. The neighborhood looks exactly the same today as it did when I was a kid. Some of the bars from back then are even still in business, and I'm almost 54 years old. It's remarkable (and inspiring) that at least one of the old European immigrant groups has hung on to a neighborhood like that.

"I got news for you. If it wasn't for the toilet, there would be no books." --- George Costanza.