Originally Posted By: pizzaboy
I was pulling out of my garage, I'd heard on AM radio that a plane hit the Trade Center, so I figured that it was a single engine puddle jumper or something like that. When I got to the EZ Pass lane at the Whitestone Bridge, I saw all the smoke coming from the first tower. That's when I knew it wasn't a prop plane. Too much damage. I was about halfway across the bridge when I looked to my right and saw, with my own eyes, the second plane hit tower two and explode into a fireball. It was the most surrealistic and frightening thing I've ever seen in my life.

OMG! I can't even imagine what watching that happen must of been like. Something i'm sure that is just seared into your brain for the rest of your life. I was watching it on tv and i freaked out so i can just imagine how you must of felt at the time.

I couldn't get hold of any of my family that still lives in the different 5 boroughs and several of them work in Manhattan. It wasn't until a couple days later that i finally knew everyone was ok.

A friend of mine lives right across the river in Fort Lee and was watching from his apt balcony which was on the top floor of the building. He told me he was just stunned.....was hoping it was a bad dream or something.