Originally Posted By: JCB1977
The LaRocca Crime family officially stopped inducting new members by 1998, when they found out that Underboss Chucky Porter had been talking from prison for over 8 years. The only guys made under Michael Genovese were Sonny Ciancutti and Chucky Porter from Pittsburgh in 1986, Lenny Strollo and Joey Naples from Youngstown in 1987 and Henry "Zebo" Zottola around 1989. Prior to finding out that Chucky Porter was cooperating, there was supposed to be a ceremony around 1997-1998 which would have included: Anthony Imburgia (Pittsburgh), Frank Unis Jr.(Aliquippa), Bobby Poghen (Youngstown), Rocco Feruccio (Canton)and Geno Chiarelli (Pittsburgh). New York kept putting Mike Genovese off about new blood and then the Chin got indicted and all plans for a making ceremony died with his indictment. Michael Genovese was old school and would not initiate new blood without approval. Once Dom Cirillo became acting boss, he and some other higher ups in organization shelved the idea of making any new blood from Cleveland or Pittsburgh and from what I understand from my FBI contact in PA, they also put a moratorium on the Bufalino Crime Family making new blood.

Great insight but do u see ny lifting the moratorium anytime soon or is it over for them.

From now on, nothing goes down unless I'm involved. No blackjack no dope deals, no nothing. A nickel bag gets sold in the park, I want in. You guys got fat while everybody starved on the street. Now it's my turn.