The Siderno Group which is either a part of or affiliated with the 'Ndrangheta has been operating in NYC for decades. They seem to be based more in Canada from what i've read but there has definitely been guys with that group operating in NY. But i really don't know too much about them. I think Frank Cali has had some dealings with them but i can't remember where i read that.

An interesting sidenote to that is that in a 1982 article on Nicky Scarfo it said he has or had 2 relatives that were members of that Siderno Group. But there were several errors in that article so i can't be sure if that is really true or not. In the article they called it the Sardeno Group but it's actually called the Siderno Group. The article was titled :

THE SCARFO STORY, LITTLE NICKY': MAKING OF A MOBSTER

Philadelphia Daily News September 7, 1982

"An organized crime investigator in New York could not confirm Philip Scarfo's ties with the mob there, but said two other relatives, Frank Scarfo and Pasqualino Scarfo, were members of New York's Sardeno group, an organized crime unit that started in Calabria, Italy, and deals in narcotics."