Originally Posted By: cookcounty
he's always asking people to post proof and now the proof ain't good enough

What louie has posted, besides being nothing new, doesn't support his exaggerated claims about the Outfit's current control of the Teamsters Union in Chicago.

Originally Posted By: funkster
I'm curious, how is the O'Hare stuff "speculation"? Fosco went to prison for racketeering. I mean I don't care one way or another whether you agree, but sometimes I feel like you argue with these guys for the sake of argument.

My point is the O'Hare allegations are indicative of so much regarding the Chicago Outfit nowadays - i.e. the allegation of a mob-connection being obscure or inconclusive.

Originally Posted By: jonnynonos
What else is the mob doing with these unions than hooking their relatives up with $50K a year jobs?

Dispensing union jobs - and they don't have to be "no show" - is one form of labor racketeering. And it seems to make up much of what is remaining in Chicago.

Originally Posted By: ChiTown
Family Secrets did nothing of the sort, yet look at the language in their press releases. DiFronzo and their top capo's were not even touched. Listen to Giuliani rant about his prosecutions in the 1980s that brought down the five families.

It says something that big mob cases like Family Secrets are becoming less and less common in Chicago.

Originally Posted By: ChiTown
You need common sense to call a spade a spade and frankly, some people don't have it (or have an interest against it because they've been arguing the same position for years and have trouble saying "I was wrong.")

What one needs to do is look at the evidence - particularly the Outfit cases in recent years - objectively. The whole picture, weighing it all in the balance. With no preconceived notions, agenda, or cherry picking. And, if one does that, they'll see your underlying theme about the Outfit still having Chicago in an "iron grip" is a bunch of hooey.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.