I know there has been so many different factions trying to take control of Montreal since Rizzuto was incarcerated in the US. I see a lot of different people on here have pieced together some great information and came up with very logical theories. I also know some the murders of the Rizzuto family members have been symbolic and for retaliation since some mirrored how the Rizzuto's murdered the Violo/Cotroni faction during their reign. But, why would Paolo Renda get kidnapped? The motive usually is to make a bloody statement and the usual would be to have simply blasted him in his car when he was stopped or in front of his house since his house was less then a kilometer away from where he was kidnapped. I don't see why the kidnappers would bother with wearing police uniforms. Plus, his body never turned up, and no other kidnappings have occurred since this or before? I am also wondering if Paolo had bodyguards? I ask this because they had recently killed Nick Rizzuto Jr. just five months prior. Wouldn't he feel he was a likely a possible next target and take precautions?

I watched a Youtube video back when Renda was kidnapped in 2010. In the video, author Humphrey, who wrote the book The Sixth Family, says that Paolo Renda will surface most likely for demands etc. I thought in 2011 maybe Renda was behind all of this to seize control for himself by staging his own kidnapping. I just don't see a 72 year old man finally getting ambitious so late in the game. He would have moved quicker when Rizzuto was incarcerated.

Lastly, please read this article: http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/canada/archives/2013/01/20130111-152702.html

It states Paolo Renda was a consigliere in the Rizzuto family, and they are requesting a death certificate from the judge. Do you guys feel he was a consigliere in the family, or due to the closeness to Vito and financial responsibility, was he more of a underboss before Vito went away to prison?