Originally Posted By: Revis_Island
When Carlo was boss, that's when they supplanted them. It was obvious that they were the most powerful crime family in NYC during his reign. And comparing masino to gambino is a joke. And I disagree. The Genovese's never had a really great boss who was able to stay out of prison. That's it. Whether you want to call it hype or not, they're experts saying this. And you are not an expert. You know your stuff but you are not one.

Not only are you just repeating yourself, you didn't answer my question. HOW did Gambino simply being a good boss, even the top boss, make his crime family the most powerful? You didn't answer that question because you can't. Well, nothing beyond reminding us again what a great boss Gambino was.

And, whether you realize it or not, you're the one basically drawing a parallel between Gambino and Massino. You said that Gambino was chairman of the Commission. And your entire argument seems to be that Gambino being the top boss meant his was the top family. Well, if that's the case, Massino chairing the Commission back in 2000 meant the Bonannos were the top family at the time. But does anyone really believe that?

Luciano and Genovese went to prison. Costello and Lombardo didn't. And Gigante lasted for years on the street before finally being convicted. You can't compare Gambino's reign, which was pre-RICO, to Chin's reign afterward. If Gambino hadn't died previously, he probably would have been convicted in the Commission case. And all this is not to overlook what I said about the organization not being dependent on a single guy. Even if the boss goes to prison, the family continues.

Originally Posted By: Revis_Island
And no, they said it in Casso's book. They said the Gambino's weren't scared to take on one family but multiple families could be a problem. In Casso's book he made it pretty clear that the Gambino's were the strongest. Hence, supplanting the Genovese's

Where in Casso's book did he ever say that? You're starting with your own personal theory about the Gambinos not being "scared" and then claiming Casso said something he didn't in order to support that.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.