Originally Posted By: Revis_Island
It does hold more weight are you kidding me? Lol. Leonetti was actually in the mob. He was an underboss. I think I would put more stock into what Phil Leonetti has to say about the mob than Jerry Capeci or the other guys who were quoted. Jerry Capeci is very credible but compared to Leonetti it's not even close. There's been many mobsters who have called him boss of all bosses or head of the commission. And it was just a little friendly shot at him, I never use quotes. The Gambino crime family was more powerful and wealthier than the Genovese's during their prime from what I always hear. I think the Genovese's are only known as the "Ivy league" because Luciano was the founder of them and he is a legendary figure. I wouldn't say everyone else outside of gigante was a great boss. None of their bosses knew how to stay out of prison. None of their bosses were ever as effective as Carlo was in terms of staying out of jail and wielding so much power. They never really had a boss as great as carlo was. Chin was never the boss that carlo was. One got convicted and the other didn't. Not that that necessarily makes someone a better boss but it helps. But maybe I should've said head of the commission if that makes you feel better. The definition of boss of all bosses is obviously different to everyone else in the mob when they call carlo and lucky boss of all bosses.

On the flip side to the Genovese bosses ending up in jail. Mangano,Anastasia and Castellano were killed and both Gotti's died in jail.