Originally Posted By: Revis_Island
If you guys saw part 6 of the mob documentary on Sunday, you saw at the end of the show that many people said the mob will make a comeback. "Fat Sal" Saudi that there is a crew in brooklyn that will be coming out of prison in about the next year or two that will make waves. He also said that the mob will make a comeback and when they do it will be huge. I really don't buy too much of what he said though. What do you guys think?

Without knowing exactly what he meant by "comeback," as we've seen since 9/11, the feds have been able to keep the mob in check even with lower manpower devoted to organized crime. That seems to be the game plan, i.e. keep the mob under control with repeated indictments while general attrition slowly takes it's toll. Of course, more recently there have been concerns about FBI manpower getting too low and we'll have to see where that goes. After all, the feds taking their eye off the Bonannos allowed that family to regroup for a time. But that doesn't mean they ever came anywhere close to the power they had at their peak, which is what seems to be the insinuation when people talk about the mob making a comback.

Originally Posted By: tiger84
There will always be guys who are huge money makers and guys who are broksters but the mob as whole will never be like it was in the 50s too many rats and broksters.

I think the nxt step for the 5 families will be to (if they havent already)start doing buisness with the Cartels.Coke is more expensive in NY than in LA or Texas.So if they can completley take over the NY market like galante did with Heroin in the 70s that will be glory days for $$$$$$$ but if they did something like that it will bring too much heat

The LCN has never been in a position to control the cocaine or marijuana trade the way it did heroin. Colombians are still the dominant group for cocaine in New York but the Mexicans continue to expand rapidly. The mob is still a significant player in the NY drug trade but has been marginalized for years now.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.